- Go to the website GottaMoveCompetitions.com (Hello! You are already Here, but you may want to copy and print these instructions so you can follow along as you proceed.)
- If your studio will be attending the competition that weekend, it is an option to have your studio register your solo, duo or trio to minimize confusion. If your studio prefers you to register and pay your fees independently, you will need to create an "Independent Studio" account by following the directions below.
- Click the "Account Profiles Link" tab at the left of the screen to create a new account, or to login to your existing account.
- Either login to your previously created account and skip to step #8, or create a new account by entering your preferred email address and password,
- A "Dance Comp Genie Passport Account" page will pop up where you can enter more information. Note that only the red asterisk questions are required
- Independent dancers will need to enter both your studio affiliation (or "independent") and your dancer(s) name(s) in the same box. This is the same information form for independent dancers as well as studios, so the "Studio Director" is your name. (That way your emails will address you and not your dance teacher's name.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue bar that says "Confirm and Create my DanceComp Genie Passport Account"
- New page appears: This page is your "dashboard" page. Click the red "Add New Registration".
- New page appears: Click on "Select Event" Click on the competition location of your choice. (SDT means Solo, Duo, Trio)
- Blue buttons appear: in the blank box, type the title of your routine and then click the blue tab "Add New Routine"
- You will need to create your dancer, so click on the top blue "Create New" tab.
- If you are registering a solo, click on the lower blue "Done" Button, (If you are registering a duo, trio or team, you will need to repeat step #11 for each dancer then click "Done") Your list of dancer's names will be saved and available to "add" to any future routines you create.
- Now you will select the Genre and skill level of your routine, as well as the minutes and seconds of the music length.
- Click on the green "Save Routine" tab
- If you have more routines to add, you may do it now. Otherwise click the blue tab "Continue to checkout" to see your confirmation page.
- Now you can pay with paypal or with your credit card to complete your registration. Note that you need to check the small box of agreement before you can finalize.
Hint: If you want to register for a different competition date, click on the red "New Registration" tab. If you simply want to add another dance to the same location, click on the blue "Make Changes" tab.
For instant assistance, click on the pink "Chat" tab at the bottom of the screen to access a professional technician, available during regular office hours. You are also welcome to contact me, Denna Robertson 801-360-1115.